Today KawanaLife is 23 years old. From a church plant to where we are today, dreaming and trusting the Lord to help us impact our community, it is fitting that we look at point 5 in our Vision Statement.
to become a dynamic church community, through prayer empowered by the Holy Spirit, who are:
- Authentic, friendly people whose ministry and lifestyle are a positive force within our community;
- Searching God’s Word regularly to know Him and understand His will and ways;
- Preaching and sharing the gospel message;
- Equipping and supporting leaders for local and global mission;
- Impacting our community through evangelism, planting multiple congregations and providing practical Christian care; and
- Giving sacrificially of our talents and resources for our ministry.
In 2008 we planted “Live” church headed up by Dean and Christine Thomas. In 2017 we started K2. We have had a number of attempts at getting an evening service up and going, but nothing in the last 5 years. Is now the time? I love that we have this as one of our vision statements. We need to be intentional and I am excited that the Oikos Project is helping us to sharpen the arrow.
It is a great time to be a part of KawanaLife; hang on because the ride is going to be one of faith and hope, filled with love.