13 May 2022
This week we are looking at Acts 16:13-15, where we meet Lydia. Who is this lady?
Lydia of Philippi
CEO of Luxury Textiles, manufacturing luxury purple dye and cloth for the 1st century’s elite. Philippi, Macedonia, Europe.
- First Christian in Europe
- Cofounder, host and benefactor of the Philippian church
- Exporter/importer of luxury trade goods
- Certificate of conversion and baptism through the apostle Paul
- Hosted weekly prayer meetings
Skills and Endorsements
- Effective church planter — the apostle Paul
- Persuasive business leader — Timothy
- Influential businesswoman
Do you want to know more? I’ll see you on Sunday!
God bless you one and all.
Featured image: This mosaic at Ostia Antica gives a glimpse of what a wealthy woman of Roman times, such as Lydia is said to have been, would have looked like.